Monday, March 15, 2010

sorrow, oh boy joy

I have been taught a lot in the past month. I was going through this funk so to speak and just pushing it to the side. God dug it out and really showed me a thing or two.

I am flawed. I am broken and sometimes severely confused. I am made in God's image. I am a part of creation and therefore I am good but sin has corrupted me. Only through the Holy Spirit and my faith can I reach what humanity intended to be.

I will mess up. I will make mistakes. I will learn. I am learning. I have grown so much. I am a completely different person than I was before I left for college. College has changed me into this kinda person that I do not even know. I love it. I am enjoying it. There are times when I want to cry and dwell in my sorrow but in the end of it I come out alive. I don't call the first person I can think of, instead I call upon the Lord of Lords.

When I give, when I cannot give anymore, I help. I show faith and hope. God uses me as catalyst for those who can't see the light.

I used to think that I should stop complaining...that if I stopped complaining, it would stop a lot of my problems. That wasn't even the root of my problems. The roots of my problems dug in deeper than I thought.

When I think I am alone, God shows through.

No comments:

Post a Comment