Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What happene to being focused?

What do we call the last two weeks of school right before Christmas break? The week before finals...where it is impossible to get up for class. You come to the library to study and you cannot help but look out the window into a complete trance. No real thoughts enter your mind...just wonders. The snow falls at radical speeds. It moves in ways that show how the wind dances with it. When step out the snow only plunges at your face in reaction to you disrupting the dance with the wind. Your homework lays at your feet or in you backpack untouched. Distraction is at play. Whispers of home tempt you to cry. So gazing at the snowy performance distracts you. Friends are around trying to convey that they too are doing homework. But they cannot fool you...
Music buzzing in your ears drowning out every one else that seems to be working in the library. What happened to be focused? The music you choose is either poetic where you have to listen to the words or where it makes you want to dance. I try to stay focus but here I am sitting right in front of the window while writing a blog. My music speaks to me silently with poetic words that I cannot keep from listening to. My tummy rumbles and I can't think of anything else but food and my plane ride home. The last two weeks of school are most likely the toughest weeks I will face in my college career. My friends are all ready to take that plane ride home. I am completely lost in my thoughts and homework has stopped trying to get my attention.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way...what a pain! Keep pluggin away though, you can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete