Monday, September 28, 2009

MISS THEM

I miss. I miss what? her, him, that experience, that thought, that weather.

I hate the longing feeling. The pull on your heart when you think about something you do not have with you at that moment. Does that feeling make you weaker? Or does it show you that you appreciate whatever you do not have? I'm honestly not sure if that is a symbol of weakness or just plain love. face it we tend to get dependent on people or things far too often.

A little side note because i really dont want to lose this thought.
When we address someone who is a female and isnt married we direct them with Miss. Miss originated from the 17th century so this is old stuff here. When a girl gets married its changed to Mrs. with a period. Now think of this concept. When the girl is unmarried she is Missing a husband. But once she does marry it is replaced with r...
Mr + Miss = Mrs.
We long for our other half so much it shows in culture!
Anyways
Who do you miss and why? Is someone in your life across the country? Are they dead? what is it? Rather missing them maybe you should direct your attention to the ppl already in your life. Are you appreciating them? loving them?

I constantly long/miss two people in my life. One has pasted and is far away. And the other is alive, in my city, and is with me most of the time. You see you can never get rid of the longing feeling its always there no matter where the person is. You might see them every single day and you can still miss them......

Or do you long for them enough that you know you can spend the rest of your life with them. Is that a longing? yes I think so. But is it the beginning of missing them? You know that once they leave you will miss them no matter what.

I wrote this a year ago. I am at that point again in my life. I am far far away from the people who know me. Its an incredible thought to think about. The feeling of Miss is a product of love. I love you therefore I miss you. I miss the way you feel. I miss the way you talk. I miss your flaws. I miss you. Missing isnt a bad thing. It shows you who you love. I'll be honest i miss some of my friends more than my other friends. I miss my family differently than I miss my friends because I know that my family will always be apart of me. They share my blood. With friends there is always a possibility that they can drift apart. Two different kinds of missing. I miss qualities in my friends that would be so useful if they were here with me. I miss their perks and their quirks. The thing that gets me almost every time is; If he or she were here right now they would just die! Mom would know exactly what to say here. I need to send them a picture of this now!
The longing hurts but friends really that longing just means that you love some one. You care endlessly about them. MISS THEM. you know you love them

1 comment:

  1. i like this one brenna, it kind of reiterates something i've been dwelling over for the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete